I like comic books, but I have to admit that it sure wasn’t easy to watch this movie on opening night. It wasn’t easy to drank with it, either. In the spirit of the character Rorschach, that guy that wears the mask with the moving stains on it, your editors developed a cocktail we called “The Inkblot”. Warning, members of our team were affected by this cocktail in random ways, including frequently going to the bathroom, losing a purse, falling asleep in the taxi cab home, drinking too much milk, etc. The Inkblot is a real mind bender.
The Inkblot works off the popular recipe of the White Russian, yet adds a twist in the application of the Kahlua.
- Purchase appropriate parts milk, vodka and Kahlua prior to movie, and store them in bottles that aren’t made for booze.
- Upon entering the theater, request large soda cups for the mixing.
- Once the movie begins, mix milk and vodka to taste, then fill the dropper with Kahlua (we forgot to mention that you need to bring some sort of turkey baster or eye dropper to apply the ink spots).
- Apply Kahlua drops to the beverage in shapes that suggest violence, super heroes, nuclear people and comics, and other stuff.
- For a treat, add a blue glow stick to your cup to make it a “Manhattan Inkblot”. Be careful though, because glow sticks get the attention of ushers.
Enjoy, but don’t drink too much. We put a lot of vodka in my cup and I can’t remember what happens at the end. That’s ok, though. I heard it was crappy.
Read about the movie The Watchmen on the popular movie site IMDB.